Monday 19 February 2007

Smoking


... I smoke sometimes, though not all the time. I get sudden urges and can't be bothered to fight them. The first time i smoked it was in the school playground behind the gym, there were no camera's at the time. I was about 13 then, I've got two sisters 15 and 13, and to imagine them smoking at that age is scary!! The first time I took a drag, i didn't cough and splutter suprisingly, like most people do.. I didnt see what all the hype was about a fag.. I didn't feel any different. I had it with a few of my friends, but I don't think I would have tried smoking at such a young age if it wasn't for them. I don't see smoking as a big deal really... if people want to smoke then so be it. I think the ban on smoking in public places is a bit extreme... the only place an individual can smoke is in their house, its pretty stupid really. I understand that smoking is not an admirable 'hobby' but to ban it in ALL public places is pretty ridiculous. Perhaps there should be certain bars/club/etc that allow smoking on particular days or time. My parents dont know I smoke, and I was dying for one (this was when i was about 16/17), so I had to have it in my bedroom with half my body hanging out the window, I almost got caught my the next door neighbour who seemed to be watching me from his bathroom window (peadophile!!).When he saw me look his way he disappeared. The next day he saw my dad and called him over, I began to shit my pants (not literally!!).. I was trying to get my dad to ignore him and drag him into the house. i was SO scared of what he might say. But it was nothing THANK GOD!..he wanted a lift somewhere, stupid wanker..

1 comment:

Adam said...

I agree with you when you say "Perhaps there should be certain bars/club/etc that allow smoking" however I dont think the idea of it being on particular days or times is good however a detailed idea may convince me otherwise.

The way I would like to have seen the ban on smoking in public places introduced is that Publicly and privately owned businesses and services should be have been required to apply for smoking licences which could be similar in nature to alcohol licences and should be granted only if the venue could prove that they have adequate ventilation.

About Me

im a football fanatic, i love arsenal their footballing ways are orgasmic.